- 1 package (10 oz.) NEAR EAST® Couscous Original Plain
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare Near East couscous according to package directions, except omit butter or olive oil and add black pepper with water.
- In large bowl, combine prepared couscous, lemon juice and olive oil. Add tomatoes, zucchini, basil and green onions. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- Stir in cheese just before serving. Serve over lettuce, if desired.
7 Servings (1-1/2 cups each)
Calories: 250; Calories from Fat: 90; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 3.5g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Sodium: 190mg; Total Carbs: 35g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 4g; Protein: 9g;