- 1 package (6.09 ounces) NEAR EAST® Rice Pilaf mix
- 1/3 cup currants or raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 3), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup mango chutney or apricot preserves, divided
- Prepare rice pilaf mix according to package directions, except stir in currants and green onions when adding rice.
- In medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup yogurt, curry and garlic powder; add chicken and toss, coating thoroughly. Discard yogurt mixture.
- Thread chicken alternately with bell pepper pieces onto 4 skewers. Grill or broil kebabs 4 to 6 inches from heat 3 to 5 minutes. Turn kebabs and grill an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons chutney with remaining 1/2 cup yogurt; set aside.
- When rice is done, stir in remaining 2 tablespoons chutney. Serve kebabs over bed of rice. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Calories: 380; Calories from Fat: 45; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 55mg; Sodium: 800mg; Total Carbs: 57g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Protein: 28g; Vitamin A: 26%; Vitamin C: 65%; Calcium: 16%; Iron: 11%;