- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 14.5-ounce can reduced-sodium or regular chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 6.6-ounce package NEAR EAST® Toasted Almond Pilaf mix
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 seedless orange, peeled and chopped
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add green onion and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and 1/4 cup water. Stir in rosemary and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in rice and contents of Spice Sack.
- Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cranberries and orange. Cover; let stand 5 minutes.
Calories: 215; Total Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 6mg; Sodium: 750mg; Total Carbs: 40g; Protein: 5g;