- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) no-salt-added chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannelloni or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 package NEAR EAST® Parmesan Couscous mix
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, 2 cups water, beans, bacon, oregano, red pepper flakes, if desired, and contents of Spice Sack. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Gently stir before ladling into bowls. Serve with crusty Italian bread and top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Calories: 350; Total Fat: 11g; Sodium: 600mg; Total Carbs: 54g; Dietary Fiber: 8g; Protein: 15g;