- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- One 13-3/4-ounce can reduced sodium or regular single strength chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary OR 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup NEAR EAST® Original Plain Couscous
- 1/3 cup currants or raisins
- 2 medium tart red apples, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, unpeeled
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 or 3 minutes, stirring constantly, or until onion is translucent.
- Add broth, rosemary and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in couscous and currants; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous lightly with a fork. Gently stir in apples; cover and let stand 3 minutes.
Calories: 260; Calories from Fat: 34; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 0.5g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 230mg; Total Carbs: 50g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugars: 12g; Protein: 8g; Vitamin A: %; Vitamin C: %; Calcium: %; Iron: %;